Veneers can transform an unattractive tooth into a tooth that is impossible to tell apart from its neighbors, and all without the need for extensive dental work. Also known as dental porcelain laminates or porcelain veneers, these wafer-thin shells are custom made from a tooth-colored material which fits snugly over the front surface of your teeth. If you find that your smile isn’t as attractive as you would like, due to a damaged, irregularly shaped, or stained tooth, a veneer might just be the answer.
How can veneers help your teeth?
Veneers are a simple and effective method of restoring and maintaining a beautiful smile. In fact veneers come with a wide range of benefits:
- Veneers help to correct the alignment of your teeth much like braces.
- They are almost stain proof.
- Veneers are similar in appearance to natural enamel.
- Any gaps between your teeth will shrink.
- They are a good method of repairing damaged teeth or teeth worn down with age.
- Your gums can tolerate porcelain.
- No need for extensive shaping as is the case with crowns or bondings.
- You can choose the color of your veneers and turn a dark tooth into a bright tooth.
- Your confidence soars due to your stunning smile.
Veneers are a fast and pain-free procedure and recovery times are minimal, often as short as two days.
For more information, please feel free to stop by our dental practice in San Jose, CA, or call us.